Efficiency and planning reliability
Hansgrohe provides building information modelling (BIM) data in the key data formats for computer-aided, integrated planning, implementation and management of construction projects. This includes the geometry, positioning, materials and properties of the taps, showers, shower systems and installation technology. For more reliability when planning and faster completion.
Building information modelling: tools and information for construction projects
Building information modelling enables computer-aided, integrated planning, implementation and management of construction projects. The interdisciplinary standard offers architects, building technicians and property developers access to all product-specific data throughout the project. Hansgrohe also supplies BIM data for key software applications. This includes the geometry, positioning, materials and properties of the taps, showers, shower systems and installation technology.
The BIM models are available in the LOD 300 level of detail and in six key formats: Revit, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, SketchUp, IFC and 3DS.
BIM data is available for several specific AXOR and hansgrohe products on the relevant product pages. More and more BIM data is being added and updated for new and existing products in the range.
Benefits of using BIM data:
More project and budget security: Planning with BIM data ensures transparency throughout the project cycle. Virtual project planning enables all expectations and specifications to be checked before the construction process begins. Changes can be simulated on the virtual model and, in so doing, be implemented more efficiently.
Significant time and cost savings: The integrative process with consistent use of BIM data from everybody involved makes communication easier and saves time and money throughout the building’s entire life cycle. Coordinated project planning leads to faster completion, while better data quality enables accurate building planning and forms the basis for efficient building management.
Plan in a few simple steps with BIM data in Revit or ARCHICAD
hansgrohe and AXOR provide BIM data for their branded products for quick integration into building planning tasks on the bimobjects.com content platform. The data is stored in various formats here, including .rfa for use in Revit or .gsm for use in ARCHICAD.
BIM data for the taps, showers and systems can be downloaded or copied and pasted in existing and new drafts and plans in a few steps:
- Search for the hansgrohe or AXOR brands using the search bar on the content platform
- The website will then display all the brands’ products with available BIM data
- Clicking on the product image opens a page with links with further information, such as scale drawings and images, technical specifications, materials, manufacturer and country-specific availability
- Clicking on the Download button opens a window for selecting the BIM data in the available formats
- Clicking on the format for Revit with the .rfa extension or ARCHICAD with the .gsm extension will save the corresponding file format
Another option on bimobjects.com is to directly insert the BIM data in Revit or ARCHICAD while using BIM Objects:
- To do this, click on Browse BIM objects in an open plan. Users can also filter by manufacturer or other categories such as application here
- After clicking on the selected product, another window will open with a choice of various file formats. Select the file with the .rfa or .gsm extension here
- COBie parameters can be inserted via the BOPC icon